Graduate Application and Admissions Process
Applicants are strongly encourged to submit complete application material as soon as possible. To be considered for admission to the program, applicants must submit:
Official transcripts from each institution attended.
- If you request transcripts to be sent electronically, please ensure they are sent to the Office of Admissions email address, firstname.lastname@example.org. If they will be sent via surface mail, please use the Office of Admissions mailing address given on the Graduate Studies link below.
- International applicants need to have a Foreign Credential Evaluation, provided by an independent credential evaluation service accredited by the National Association of Credential Evaluators (NACES), for all course work completed outside the United States. If you request the evaluation to be sent electronically, please ensure they are sent to the Office of Admissions email address, email@example.com. If they will be sent via surface mail, please use the Office of Admissions mailing address given on the Graduate Studies website.
- A letter of application (500 words or less) that explains the applicant's intent for pursuing the degree
- Three letters of professional references (suggested template)
- A comprehensive resumé or curriculum vitae that describes in detail the applicant's educational background and professional experience.
- Applicants with undegraduate GPA less than 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) must submit recent Graduate Record Examination (GRE) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) scores to be considered for admission.
- Additional requirements may also apply to international applicants, as listed on the Graduate Studies website.
After initial review of application material, some applicants may be asked to submit addtional material in support of their applications.
Please see the Graduate Studies website for basic steps to initiate the application process. As soon as you have submitted an online application for graduate admission, we strongly recommend that you send an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating that you have submitted your application. At a minimum, please include the following in your email:
- Full Name
- Phone number
- Date you submitted the online application
Sending us an email will help us to better track your application and assist you with any questions that you may have about your application. Should you have questions in regard to the admission process or wish to check on your application status, please do not hesitate to contact Ms. Jane Wood.
Applicants are admitted in a cohort which starts in the Fall semester. The admission process is selective and all applicants will be ranked and considered for admission to the program until the cohort is complete. Applicants who are accepted to the cohort will be notified of their admission status in accordance to the following notification timeline: March 1, May 1; and July 15. Applicants remain in consideration until July 15 or the cohort is complete. After July 15 or when the cohort is complete, all remaining applicants under consideration will be notified of their admission status. Applicants should keep in mind that the review process will consider the application holistically in order to determine the applicant's suitability for the program; a single application requirement will not necessarily determine whether or not a student is accepted for admission.
As part of this review, some applicants may be asked to participate in an interview. This interview may include a written component. The department shall then determine whether or not to recommend applicants for admission to the program.
Please note that provisional admission is not granted for entry to the program, and only students who are admitted to the program may enroll in graduate computer science courses.